- Sometimes I think I only work out so I can eat junk food that day and feel less guilty. Hello Friday.
- I love playing with my girl, but there are days where I count the minutes until naptime. Those are usually the days where Karma calls in the No Nap Ninja. Ever had a visit from that guy? He's delightful.
- One of the hardest things about being a mom and staying home is following routines. I despise them. I guess you would call this me being stretched for growth. So far, no luck.
- Another reason I am not a workout fanatic is because of this resistance to routine. I like the feeling post-workout, but I truly hate doing the same thing every day. Which is a bit ironic, since I do drink coffee everyday while checking email and Facebook. Hmmm.
- I talk to myself while I cook (I also do this other times, but let's focus). I have always pretended I am hosting a cooking show, even when I was little and "cooked" with a microwave. I also used my mom's cookbooks for pretend school (my brother was the lucky student). I have no idea where this came from. If nothing else, narrating my day or my cooking was not a mom adjustment I had to make. I talk outloud whether Hayley is around or not. (I think I hear them coming with the straight jacket.)
- Since it's almost summer and since I rarely get to drink coffee while it's hot anyway, I've given up and started making iced coffee. And I almost like it better. Jumping on the iced coffee bandwagon.
- I hate keeping secrets. (Gosh, I bet this is shocking considering the post topic.) I will keep secrets for a friend, but that leaves very little room for mine. So I am pretty much an open book if you get me talking (which isn't hard to do).
- I could never live at the beach. Give me cool mountain air anyday over waves/sand/sun. I actually only enjoy the beach one or two times a year. I get bored.
- I wish I could sing. I truly can't hold any (good) notes. I always dreamed of being a singer, but it seems you have to have some talent to do that. Or have kids. Poor Hayley...
- I resisted the peer pressure to get an iPhone for years. And now I want one. Android keeps letting me down. The final straw is the crappy cameras on nearly all Android phones.
- My favorite holiday is still Christmas. I love decorating, baking, and wrapping presents. I hope to be able to host Christmas more now that we have a kiddo. See next confession.
- I LOVE hosting. Maybe that's why I found myself planning/hosting four parties and a beach trip this year. It relaxes me to organize parties (mostly), and I love the joy a party can bring to the honoree. Makes me feel like a chocolate chip cookie...warm & gooey inside. (I also love chocolate chip cookies.)
- I NEVER wish for summer. I wouldn't shed a tear if I never saw another thermometer above 80. I dread summertime. I hate shorts. I hate mosquitoes (though they love me). I hate being hot. From the time it warms up (in Charlotte that is typically April) until it cools down for fall (not until October), I count the days and hibernate indoors as much as possible. Being pregnant during this time was rough last year. I see why people have spring babies.
- I only visit Illinois for my friends, and that says how much they mean to me. Because I hate flying back there. I actually get nauseated thinking about it. I don't mind Chicago, but the rest of the state gives me a yucky feeling inside. It always has, and that's why I left. But, I will be headed there in August this year for a friend's wedding and to meet another's baby (Hayley's best friend). I love you ladies!
- I always wanted three kids. Then I had one. Now I am more reasonably considering two as the final count. (Graham was right on this ONE thing.)
- I have a HORRIBLE long-term memory. Honestly, I think I've blocked a lot of time periods from my mind without realizing it. That unfortunately leaves a lot of gaps. If you ever see me smiling and nodding along, it's nothing personal. I've been through some stuff that my brain doesn't want me to relive. My short-term memory, on the other hand, is spectacular. Which is why I always cram-study. Does me no good to start earlier than necessary (my procrastinator self just high-fived my crappy memory).
- Ironically, I have a tough time letting friends get close (which speaks volumes for those I do let in). I think it's because I do open up so much when I trust someone. I've learned to be more cautious with handing out trust cards than I was in the past. So I keep a very small circle of friends and a much larger circle of acquaintances.
- I want to do something great. I just don't know what that is. I have dreams of writing, of being an event planner, of helping Graham open a restaurant, of starting a business, of working for a great cause, of raising great kids, of winning the lottery...I guess time will tell what happens. Though, sadly, I doubt it will be the lottery thing. Spoiler alert: I would truly be someone who would pay off debts for friends/family. I'd spend some, too.
- My five year anniversary is Saturday. Crazy how fast time goes.
Friday, May 24, 2013
Ever have one of those days where you just want to spill your guts to someone? Those times where you actually don't want to have a conversation; you just want a captive audience. No? Just me? Well, you can guess where this post is headed so if you came expecting to read something insightful, forget about it for today. Today I am going to be selfish and blurt out some confessions and thoughts to a blank screen. And maybe it will make someone else feel a little less selfish for wanting to do the same thing. Or, at least, that's what I will tell myself. Here goes.