Friday, September 6, 2013

From This to That

So...I had a great idea for a post a week ago. Unfortunately, like the planes over my house, the idea flew past me two minutes after it arrived. Rather than wait on another strike of inspiration, I thought I'd put together a random list of things for you. All kinds of things. A cornucopia of thoughts, if you will. Happy Friday!

  1. The Mom of the Year nominations keep rolling in. Okay, I know every kid gets into things/gets hurt. But sometimes they manage to cluster those things into a few day span. It's quite humbling what a mom can fail to prevent, even under close surveillance. A sampling: iInjury. It's an injury to the eye caused by an iDevice (in this case an iPad. Falling from a speaker. Because someone yanked the cord.) Oops. It has almost healed. In the meantime, the gash reminds me daily of the dangers of listening to uptempo bluegrass.  Next up: Soapatizer. This was my first encounter with the Poison Control hotline. I hope it's my last for a very long time. She's fine, and it wasn't a toxic substance. Can't blame her...who doesn't like a little Palmolive before dinner?? Side note, it would have been a bigger deal had I purchased anything but the original formula. 
  2. It's Fall. Starbucks, as us Americans know, officially kicks off the season with the return of the pumpkin spice latte (psl for those in the know). I got mine Day 2. Even the beer companies follow the lead of Starbucks. Immediately after PSL returned, pumpkin beer flooded the store shelves. Also, fall TV returns, football kicked off, and tourists stopped crowding the Carolina beaches. See? Starbucks started it all. I couldn't be happier to kick summer to the curb.
  3. Except I'm Celebrating Summer for One More Week. For months, one of my best friends, my mother, and my inlaws have been planning for a weeklong retreat to the beach. It starts this weekend. Hard to believe it's finally here. Which means our week of packing and prep is in full swing. Work really hard for a week to get ready, travel with a pre-toddler (joy!), and unpack/stock pantry/get distance from whoever you rode with leads to a much-deserved week of relaxation. Except we are bringing babies. Oops. At least we'll be entertained!
  4. Ready to Read a Good Book. Any suggestions? Normally, I have one (or three) lined up for a beach trip. But, I'm guessing the only reading I'll get done is works by Eric Carle. And, let's be honest, by now it's just reciting. And rewriting.
  5. A Year Old. Hayley has just one month and four days left in the months-old crowd before she joins the year-old ranks. I guess I'll be party planning at the beach!
  6. Speaking of Parties...My summer consisted of party planning, hosting, throwing, and attending. I think I'll do a mini series for the blog of some of the highlights. It was super fun. And super exhausting. Turns out, things I used to do easily are a bit tougher to do while (literally) chasing around a walking kiddo. On the bright side, I can not only chew gum and walk, I can also make banners, write notes, send emails, and assemble favors while walking.
  7. For Your Viewing Pleasure. Here's a photo from a past beach trip.
This is actually from Tybee, but I love beach sunrises.

Have a great weekend!
 
        


No comments:

Post a Comment